I am an urban researcher, consultant, and author focusing on facilitating the development of inclusive, co-produced cities. My projects span a diverse range of topics, including:
- urban commons,
- cultural and creative industries,
- intermediate and adaptive reuse of vacant buildings,
- inclusive citizen participation,
- gender equality in urban policy, and
- the political, symbolic, and normative aspects of architecture and urban planning.
I concentrate on the intersection between social research, public policy, and citizen empowerment. My goal is to create better urban policy through actionable research, goal-oriented analysis, and more diverse stakeholder engagement.
I am specialized in:
- project development and management for public bodies and foundations, in particular those funded by the EU (H2020, Erasmus+, URBACT) and German federal ministries (BMBF, BBSR),
- workshop design and delivery,
- facilitation and moderation,
- event management,
- development and coordination of publication projects,
- commissioned expertise on the topics above (i.e. research, reports, talks), and
- policy analysis and consulting.
In 2017, I was validated by the EU program URBACT as an expert for integrated urban renewal, arts and culture, and the design and delivery of transnational exchange and learning activities.